Tuesday, June 19, 2018

I'd Never Dreamed That I'd Meet Somebody Like You


As my dad drove, I was sleepy in the back seat of the car.
We were goin' to Acapulco for summer holidays.

It was about dawn. The city was so quiet that it was creepy.

There were barely a few cars on the street. 

We passed next to the Estadio Azteca, and I thought of a goalkeeper.

His name was Ángel David Comizzo.
One night before his team had been defeated in that stadium by one of the most popular teams of the country. 

Even so, he had been the best player of the game. 

I had a big interest on goalkeepers. 

I was the goalkeeper of my school team.
Before summer holidays, we had even won a tournament against the athletic guys of our class. 

They were bad lossers. 
They reminded me of the enemies of Ralph Macchio in Karate Kid

Also, I had a couple of Uhlsport gloves that I just loved. 
Its fancy plastic smell drove me wild.  


http://4.bp.blogspot.com/
I fell asleep and thought of the girls I used to hang out with.
I had recently discovered that girls attracted me madly
And I wanted so much to find out how would it be to have a girlfriend.

I had a crush on a couple of girls.
They were so nice with me.
They were blonde and chubby. 
I never told them that I liked them so much.
I was afraid to lose their friendship. 
I wanted so badly to be with both. 

On that summer holidays, I met a girl that drove me wild. 
She was tall and she seemed a few years older than me. 
She and her family were also staying at the same hotel than us. 

I had found her a few times on the swimming pool.
Her skin was so white and her hair was so dark. 
Her eyes were brown, like big almonds. 
Her smile was so enigmatic, spontaneous and fresh at the same time.  
Her lips appeared so shy and soft that I just wanted to devour them!!!


https://www.visitmexico.com/
She had a small sister. 
Her sister was so naughty and she was always looking after her. 
A couple of times we crossed on the alleys of the hotel. 
Once we even shared the elevator. 
I was so excited!!!
I wanted to tell her that I was really in love with her. 
My mind began to fly away and my heart began to beat like a crazy war drum. 

In the chaos of my senses, I secretly thought how to speak to her. 

"Hi...! What's your name...?
Are you from Mexico City...?
I have seen you at the swimming pool...
Your little sister seems to be really funny..."

But always, at the last minute, I cowed.
Never knew her name. 

One hot night, her family and my family were at the same time in a small supermarket a few blocks away from the hotel. 
The freshness of air conditioning made me imagine the fantastic perfum of her dark hair.
Her sister suddenly ran from one side to another and broke a jar of glass. 
The noise brought me out of my thougths.
The girl blushed and I felt pity of her.   

For a moment, our eyes crossed.
She seemed to ask my help. 
Again, my mind began to fly away and my heart began to beat like a crazy war drum. 
But I pretended I didn't care about her and I walked away. 

I was an idiot. 
I always think of her when I hear this song. 

Wicked Game

No comments: