Saturday, May 06, 2017

The Girl Was Never There, It's Always The Same


I had a girlfriend who loved to smoke pot and to do some other drugs. From the beginning, I always thought she was a snob. She talked about meaningless issues of her life, as if they were the most relevant thing in the world. She never heard me at all. 

Besides, she dressed all in fancy brand clothes and her language had an elitist affectation, so no one believed she was a junkie. I hated it, 'cause I was the opposite to her -I wore awful and old clothes, and never spoke of my life to anyone- and people immediately thought I was the junkie, including her parents. I didn't do drugs, I was just a poor shy boy.
 




We had been together for a month or so. She was some sort of knucklehead. We kissed for the first time in a cemetery, in front of people who visited the tombs or their loved ones. It was a sunny day and I couldn't stop thinking in their grief and suffering, while our lips remained glued. I kept my eyes open. One tiny little girl stared at me with a grim look and an older woman put a hand on one of her shoulders and took her away. As they walked, the older woman shook her head and started to mourn. I felt guilty. Thought maybe the girl just had lost her dad and that they were visiting his tomb. 


We kissed for the second time in a retirement home, in front of older people. We were there in some sort of an extra class, with other class mates. Our teacher asked us to watch older people for understanding some stupid psychological topic. It was too damned boring. Elderlies were so excited, and I felt suffocated. They couldn't stop talking about their own lives, nor couldn't stop complaining about the way their families just abandoned them in that place. So, we went to a lonely room, and started to kissing. 


Besides my old and awful clothing, I used to have long hair -I had 20 years and didn't care about my bad looking-, and, unfortunately, an older lady saw us -and saw me from my back- and she thought we were lesbians and she started to scream like crazy. We had to run away from the retirement home. At one time, elderlies were screaming, so offended, and looking for us. Two women were kissing at the retirement home!




The third time we kissed, we were camping in a forest. My girlfriend started to put the tent in a place she considered to be nice, and asked me to buy some water bottles. I walked to the nearest village. In a few minutes I got there and bought four or five water bottles. I hadn't experience at all in that kind of journey, so I got lost when I tried to return to the tent. Walked for hours. It got dark and scary, and I couldn't find the place. It started to rain and I decided to walk to the village, again. I asked someone else's help and finally found the place where the tent was. 

My crazy girlfriend yelled at me. She was so mad. Asked me if I was stupid or what. Asked me if I wasn't aware of the risks of leaving her alone in the middle of a forest. Asked me many things. Of course I was worried about her, all the time. I had really tried like crazy to find her out. 


via GIPHY

In her rage, she never thought I was about to die. At one time, while I was lost and desperate, just about giving up, I drank the last water bottle I had bought in the village, and I started to run like crazy going nowhere. Suddenly, I tripped on a rock and rolled on a free fall along a hill and, somehow, managed to grab a tree a few meters from a cliff.

When she was a little bit quiet, she started to smoke. Didn't invited me, but I just took the pot away from her. It was the first time I smoke pot. It was raining, again. Got so high and I closed my eyes and started to dream about what would it be to get lost in the middle of a forest, or to die in an attempt to find out the tent where my girlfriend was.
 




A Forest

No comments: