Sunday, September 23, 2018

The Deafening Sound Of A Heartbeat


I had a bad night. 
I felt pretty cozy and suffocated when I woke up from a fuzzy dream. 

A few years ago, one of my colleagues introduced me to this researcher I dreamed of.
It was my second year as postdoc, when he did it.
Maybe we went to her lab to ask her for some kind of technical help. 

Even though senior researchers mainly look at postdocs as a workforce, or consider us some sort of shy and low self esteem human beings, she was very polite with me.

Of way contrary to most older researchers who ignore us when we're not with another senior researcher, she was educated with me even if I was alone, anywhere, at anytime. 
  
Since then, she has always been polite with me. 

The first time I saw her, I found her pretty feminine. 
She wore a multicolor blouse and jeans. 
She spoke to us with a pretty soft voice. Her black curly hair spread on the air. 
It made me think that she cared about her appearance, but in a pretty delicate way.   

In my dream, we were in a middle of a class.
Suddenly, she said she needed to talk to me in private. 
It surprised me. She looked sort of angst. 

Then, we walked out of the classroom and sit at some sort of wooden chairs painted in pink.

We were pretty closer. So close that I was able to look at the freckles on her face. 
Her eyes were so brown and her eyelashes were so long. 
I felt intimidated by her beauty.  



Suddenly, to broke with the enchantment, I looked at her legs.
They were so white.
One leg was without hair removal and the other was depilated. 

The depilated leg was naked. 

I couldn't avoid it. I had a sexual thought, but I chased it away.
Dunno why, but I felt so guilty. 


She spoke to me.
She said something I cannot remember. 

Maybe it was something about a comment I posted on her Facebook that she didn't like. 

Then she stood up and walked away. 


As she walked, I could see that the white skirt she wore was opened at the back, so I could see her underwear. 


Again, I felt guilty and looked away. 

Then I woke up, feeling febrile.


The Deafening Sound Of A Heartbeat

No comments: