Monday, November 12, 2018

Demand A Sacrifice


It was a gray and damp afternoon.

My wife and I were walking thru the alleys of an unknown street. 

I was upset. She had acquired a compromise to be at a weeding party.
I didn't want to show up with her at this particular event 'cause I had the feeling that the bride was one of her best friends and also that I had had a closer relationship with the bride before I met my wife.

I was thinking how to skip this compromise, when we arrived at what appeared to be an abandoned warehouse. There were a dozen guys around what appeared to be a ticket office.

Suddenly it came to my mind that this abandoned warehouse was an underground venue in which Nirvana was about to play later.

My wife walked to the ticket office and asked for a couple of tickets for us. 
Dunno why, but it seemed that the very same day of the show tickets were still available.

Everything was going so well, but the ticket seller asked to my wife for some sort of password. She didn't know it. I got mad. 

Dunno why, but she was the only one who could buy a couple of tickets for us. 

http://www.thesenseofdoubt.com/
I was about to collapse. I was so furious. 
I had always wanted so bad to be in a Nirvana show.

Somehow she got the tickets, but in different sections of the venue. 
We walked into the venue and we took different paths.

The venue seemed to be a bull arena, except that the floor was made of concrete.
At times, the venue seemed a circus. 

My wife was so close to the stage and I was almost in the last row of the last section of the venue. I couldn't believe it. She didn't even like Nirvana as I did! 

Someone in the tribunes, so close to me, started to speak about Melvins
In particular, he spoke about Houdini and Lysol.

So I figured it out that it was a Nirvana show, but that the Melvins would be the guest band. Immediately I thought we were in the middle of the In Utero Tour, when Melvins opened several shows for Nirvana in Europe.

Lysol (1992) is one of the most accesible Melvins' albums.
Sacrifice indeed is a Flipper cover. 

Look For "Sacrifice" By Melvins On Your Preferred Browser

No comments: